Sign in to follow this  
Anneuk

Child modelling....??

I just thought I'd throw this one in....

My daughter now 11 is doing really well since diagnosis with Aspergers...

today she asked me about modelling, just as a bit of fun..

She is very very slim , white blonde and pretty and very photogenic, she said..

"Maybe I could do some modelling mummy, it might help my confidence"!

Now not sure where this came from, but I wouldn't know how or where to enquire...

I have heard in the past that you should never pay to get into an angency and that proper agencies will take a child who they think has real potential... any ideas?

Also anyone experience of it? would it do more harm than good <this is the protective bit of me again)

Hope someone can help

Anne :party:

Anne

my youngest is a model with Bizzykids agency. If you go their web site which is www.bizzykids.co.uk you can pull up their application form. I did mine sent it in and got accepted in three days.

Worth a look, they have sections for boys, girls, and babies.

Hope that helps!

Supersec

xxx

Hi

A friend of mine did this a while ago - she didn't have to pay a fee, but she did have to pay for studio photos. I don't know if they were a good deal, but she got some fantastic pictures of her son, but no modelling jobs.

Hi Anne...........my job was a photographic assistant, make up artist and stylist etc.We had models of all ages in the studio everyday.We worked for some big American companies and some child models would appear on corn flake boxes :rolleyes: It was very competitive.We auditioned models for most jobs, this would involve phoning the big city agencies up and they,d send down about 40 kids.The studio would be packed with kids :rolleyes: , we,d do a polaroid then the client would pick several for the job.We,d shoot for a day and then the client would again pick the ones they preffered.It is very very tough and very often the kids get tired stroppy and if the client is there they,ve been known to say"don,t like that one....too short....don,t like the hair"..etc.We regularly had kids upset :tearful: .Also I found when choosing models the quirky, freckley, cheeky ones were best.Alot has to do with confidence and knowing how to move in front of a camera.You don,t actually get paid that much either, our studio was in manchester and models were expected to travel from Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool, etc.I,m not trying to put you off but thhis might not give her confidence but crush what she has.Go to some agencies, see what they say, don,t part with any money :shame:

my daughter is very pretty too, ppl are always commenting on her, but i dont think she could cope with the knockbacks you get. It is such a competitive business, they have to be very strong to cope with it.

Thanks for the replies everyone, this is why I asked...

I made it very clear to her that it would only be for a giggle and not to make money or for a career etc...

Didn't realize it would be that competetive though...

i will look at bizzykids site see what they say...

Thansk again

Anne