Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Chronicles of Narnia

I took my kids to see The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe today. It was brilliant. Anyone who's read the books and is worried the film will get it wrong (as they so often do) then no need to worry, it's exactly (almost) as the book and really brought the story to life.

My AS son though has bored us all senseless with a comparitive monologue about the tv version, the latest film and the book :rolleyes: I don't mind really but you know how they can go on once they get started!

Our trip to 'a well known pizza place' afterwards (some of you will remember I tried to book and they wouldn't let me), was fairly painless too. There was hardly anyone in there and we were all seated and served very quickly.

This is the first time in months I've been brave enough to take them all out together as it is usually a chaotic disaster zone but apart from one small scare when my youngest son wondered off and we couldn't find him for a few minutes all went well. We even managed to go to 'a well known book shop' so the kids could spend the gift vouchers their grandad had sent them for christmas.

Bit of a lame thread but I am just so pleased that today went well as I was quite nervous about it all. Sounds rediculous to be nervous about taking your kids to the pics then for a pizza, but I'm sure many of you will relate to how difficult these things can be with our kids.

Lauren

We are going to go later in the week. With one boy, 8, NT and one girl 16, ASD there aren't many films we can see and enjoy together, but everyone wants to see this one. We may even do the pizza thing too.

A couple of weeks ago we went to see Goblet of Fire and my son developed an earache two thirds of the way through so I didn't enjoy the last bit.

I get nervous too Lauren, and tend to avoid going out and doing things as a result. It takes so much energy.

Guest flutter

never read book

but we saw it last week and luved it

parently the fighty bits are rather likey lord of the rings so dd liked that

tc

C xx

We went last night and it was fab. J complained all the way through from the first scene onwards - it was all either 'too scary' or 'too boring' but I made him sit through it, knowing that he'd enjoy it and sure enough he was full of it afterwards. The trouble with J and films is that he doesn't realise he's enjoying himself until after the fact, so we have to sit through him begging to be taken home and keep on proving to him that it's actually quite a pleasant experience!

TBH he likes the cinema experience better than the films himself. Usually we go over a lunch period and take a packed lunch - it's quieter then because most people are pizza-ing or McDonalds-ing. He loves the adverts and trailers too - it's not unknown for us to watch all that lot then have to leave when the main film starts.

Taking him to see March Of The Penguins on Friday, really looking forward to that. Anyone else planning on seeing it? Those of you with nature-obsessed AS kids?!

Karen

x

We saw Narnia last weekend and, overall, loved it.

Youngest son (8 and not ASD) was gutted when Aslan "died" and ended up sobbing on my lap (I was told he had heard the story at school before!) We then had a bit of a job trying to explain how Aslan could "come back to life" when youngest son considers dead to be...well... dead... which I suppose it is really.

Just imagine Mum trying to hastily explain that Aslan was "like Christ rising from the dead" qv stories at Easter, whilst son howls and 100+ heads turn curiously in our direction. You might decide to cover this bit, at home beforehand, if necc!

Stll, smashing film.

We saw Harry Potter the week before with no problems at all. Having worried about "content" for the 8 year old, youngest son left the cinema exclaming loudly, "Well that wasn't that scary at all!" I'd fretted for weeks about taking him.

Eldest son (AS) loved both films and was v well behaved.

We go Saturday afternoons, when the cinema is quiet.

VS xx

Been so busy (and poorly) we haven't even seen Harry P yet! But we're going on Thurs then hopefully sometime between now and new year will get to see Narnia (loved the book always). I know what you mean about cinema/pizza thing being stressfull but now my sons got used to the cinema he really enjoys it, I actually look forward to going now. For me films are something my son and I can really enjoy together, really glad to hear Narnia lives up to the hype, bring on the popocorn!

Luv Witsend.

well done, sounds like a fabulous day all round. I love itwhen u get days like that, theyre few and far between in our house, we usually have to arrange to farm tom out to my eldest daughters if we want to go the pantomimes or whatever but hes ok at the cinema as long as we sit on the end of the rwo to allow for his many toilet trips lol.