Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

MY SON GOT FIRST OT APPOINTMENT TOMORROW

:huh: this has been arranged by the school nurse-although he has seen general one in past but was altogether with other people,so i wondering what will come of it and will they help?

he has lots of probs with his body movements/cutting food up/climbing/riding bike/drinking from cup/writing with pencil/dressing/undressing/toilet/wiping bottom/walking /he has shakey movements/stairs/clumsey/no coordination/ he has lot of trouble with all these and more

although ive not wrote a new list for this ot appointment

do u think i should? :huh:

or do i take my other lists what ive done with all the lot of probs down as well-like speech ect....

thank you in advance for your replys :thumbs:

Hi Rainbow queen,

If it were me I think I would make a new list as well as the one you already have.

It cant hurt can it, also if they ask any questions you will have your list to jog your memory,

also it may remind you of something that you want to ask them, I cant remember how many

times I've come out of an appointment and thought 'oh,****' I wanted to ask this and that

but forgot.

I would say grab the opportunity.

Hope it goes well. ;)

Brook

Hi Marie.....just to check, is your son having a general check up with an O.T, or an actual assessment for dyspraxia?..........as you know your son will be going to the same hosp/clinic my son attended for his dyspraxia.Sadly the fantastic OT who first raised the ASD issue regarding my son has now left.If this is a assessment it will probably last a couple of hours.My son did various tasks , writing etc.Try if you can to stress all your concerns regarding your son as the O.T. works on the same team as the physchs and if she is worried will refer you to them.P-M me if you,d like more info.Best of luck Suzex.

:o hi suze i ment it was on friday so i got wrong day lol,so its tomorrow at 10

they didnt say if it was assessmant for dyspraxia

so presuming they just going to ask questions about what he has probs with do u think i should say will he be dx with dyspraxia??

Hi Rainbow Queen

When DS had his first OT appointment she did some basic tests like walking in a straight line, jumping, catching, jigsaw puzzle, drawing shapes and recognising numbers. She also asked what our concerns were. I had several pages on Sensory problems that ds has so I gave her that info and when we saw her next she said I didn't have to fill in some parent questionaire because my list was so extensive.

Our OT was basically trying to find ways to make coping with his physical/sensory needs easier for us. DS won't actually have any OT he doesn't have poor enough skills to need it. The OT is going to follow up with a school visit when he starts school in the Autumn as that would be my next worry.

:wallbash::wallbash::blink::blink: cant quite belive it at all

i go to appointment and my son refuses point blank to co operate

lady listens to me then says if its an autistic thing -she cant do any thing to help so i said well who can and she said good question :wacko:

thats theres no autistic team only speach therapist woman in my area and the nearset ones in norwich

this appointment was made by school nurse who has brought up his difficulties

so i tell her all the lot and she said its not appling to her cause my son sounds like its autistic prob-i mentioned dypraxia and she goes they dont dx that on its own but it useually comes together with an autistic spectrum thing or downs syndrome

:crying::crying::crying::wallbash::wallbash:

i really feel im in a waking nightmare u know guys i just cant seem to get anywhere

anyway from what she saw and heard she did think it was autism[but i get told this one week then next some at else]

so in all she will make another report[this is all i ever hear about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] to pass on to dr.xxxx (name removed by moderator) -hospital dr and school a copy and she come see him in scholl soonish.

is this just me or what-how come i keep going round in circles :wacko:

Are you kidding??????????..............no autism team, who are the data team then ???..........sorry marie but pm me ....................did you see the lady whose initials are VS??................THERES!!!! GOTTA BE SOME HELP!!..............The next support group meeting is on 16th, try to make it , maybe we can have a chat and come up with some suggestions.