Sign in to follow this  
lynyona

back to work

I recieved a letter from jobcentre plus this morning,they have made an appointment for him to go and see a jobcentre advisor about discussing ways of getting himback into work ,yeah right he has real problems leaving the house and if i actually got him there he would sit there agreeing to anything they said to him so on monday i am going to have to go over to the jobcentre and have a word with them i dont know where people with spectrum disorders stand with this there is no way that he would ever be able to go out to work. :wallbash::wallbash:

lynn

It does sound as though they need some serious training. Although I suspect that they rely on a policy of pressure and ignorance on the part of those claiming benefits to get away with not paying people the bebefits and help they are entitled to.

Lynn,

The Job Centre should have a Disability Officer, ask to speak to him. Ask him if he has an understanding of ASD. Have a read at the following, if you think it appropriate pass it on to him.

Supported Employment

http://www.autismberkshire.org.uk/BlueTrim.../employment.htm

I have similar difficulties with my son, he's 25, diagnosed AS last year and hasn't worked for 5 years. He is unable to take the necessary steps to approach anyone who may be able to help, even though he has been given lots of opportunities with offers of support. Of course to an on looker he appears very capable. He has been getting incapacity benefit for a few years and we are in the process of applying for DLA.

Good luck.

Nellie xx

:( my nephew -started on incapacity the other year -he has been dx as /tourettes and odc

he is 25 he has been sacked previous from every job he ever had because of his problems he is uncapable of following through instructions ect,,,,,sure u know this

the disability person at the job centre knew all about him and tryed to get him suitable work which employers did want to deal with or know about -even simple stuff like stacking shelfs

resulting from all this it has made his self estem bad and has been told off support worker he should not be looking for work at all

my sister and husband look after his day to day needs as he would be unable to live on his own

he started a little cookary course at college to help him learn how to cook and to get out of the house

i think the way they are dealing with the incapacity things wrong as people who have problems are being targated too

it has took 20 years to fight for a dx then he only got incapacity last year and now they are going to try to take him off the one bit of income he has.

i personally thing its disgusting and you should write letters to your jobcentre informing them why your son can not work

if a dr has said your unfit for work-WHAT RIGHTS HAS UNTRAINED IN ANY MEDICAL knowledge job centre staff got over deceideing whos able or not on the grounds of a 30 min interveiw in there office.

when we all know as folk come across completly normal on the surface :fight::fight:

This is a standard letter that is computer generated. Do not worry too much. Go and see them as you plan to and explain to them what the situation is. They sent me one of these about 18 months ago. At that time I was a year into mt degree and working part-time. When Mrs P went in she spoke to the advisor who handles my wage slip each month and asked her what extra 'training' they could offer me above what I was doing...the adviser simply laughed and hit 'delete' on the computer for the interview.