Sign in to follow this  
babymithel

Anyones child doing their GCSE Mocks?

My daughter is in the middle of her mocks at the moment. Bless her, its all a bit too much i feel. She is having real difficulty with her revision. I'll be glad when this school malarchy is finished with in the Summer, it stresses me out!! let alone her!

We have just put an application in to do a college course in September, its a Pathways course, specially designed for youngsters with learning difficulties, it is adapted to the children individually. The benefit too, is that she can get the bus around the corner, and get off almost opposite the college, and i shouldnt have to worry too much. Also they have a scheme now, where they pay them to go to college, its means tested, so if you're not that well-off, they give them up to ?30 a week, for attending all their classes.

Phas Jr is doing his right now too. We wondered how he would cope with them comming straight after the Christmas holidays but, he's doing ok (as far as we can tell). We are looking at his sixth form options right now and have made an appointment to go in and speak to his head of 6th form to discuss them with him.

My daughter wouldnt entertain the 6th form. She gets a bit of stick from certain idiots at school, who are in a similar position to her surprisingly!! I think the change of scenery will deffo do her some good. Its scary to think she has to go out into the big bad world.

Bless her, she will still be 15 when she leaves in the summer, her birthday isnt until August.

Edited by babymithel

We, or rather, Phas Jr used to have a fair bit of bother at school, however that has been taken care off for the most part (the odd idiot who does try it comes rapidly unstuck over it!). He loves school, always has - he is in the top sets for all his subjects - even those he doesn't like! He's very keen on staying on at school. The only stumbling block will be them not being able to meet his options, but as I say we are going to be talking to them about that.