Sign in to follow this  
JUST A DAD !!

keeping things fair

Hi as I am new to the forum I was wondering how everyone copes with trying to keep things fair in their households. By fair I mean one rule should in a ideal world be followed for all sibiling but it just does not work that way. For ex: my AS son is obessed with the series Charmed and he watches his DVD every night into the early hours of the morning. My younger NT daughter 11 complains that it is not fair that she has to switch off her telly at 9.00. It is so hard to explain to her that firstly he does not need alot of sleep and even though he is awake until 3/4am he still gets up for school at 7.00 no problems. We have explained things to her but she is only young and just can't understand the whole situation. I really hate bed times because to turns into a row and it ends up with eveyone all upset. Hopefully others have some suggestions and maybe you are in the same position with trying to please everyone.

Justadad

i seem to spend all the time trying to keep everybody in my family happy and i think its is so difficult older NT DD 20 and NT DS 18 will often say that they wernt able to do this or that when they they were their brothers age he is the youngest 14 dx ASD i do think that we sometimes make alot of allowences for him he has just gone up to bed now but is not tired at all and will also watch dvds for the next few hours it is ok to let him do this tonight as his brother is out but it usually causes arguments when there is college or work the next day . i get told a lot "mum your too soft with him " but it is the way i am .

Have you asked her what she thinks would be fair? What she thinks he could do when he's still awake until late that would be ok?

I think 11 is old enough to talk about even if you don't feel that she fully understands.

good luck.