Sign in to follow this  
LizC

ggrr so anoyed with school

Hi more issues lol

well today I said earlier that matthew had a different teacher this morning, well when i came to pick him up turns out 2 more supply teachers were in (so makes about 7/8 teachers so far this week :( ) anyway I had gone to pick him up and was just waitiing outside. I could see no one was in his classroom and the light was off, the class started to come back to their room assisited by these 2 women. matthew was the last one and he came over to the window as he could see me, I saw and told him to go back to his room, he wouldn't and the teachers hadn't even seen him and shut the door, he ran to the door, pressed the button and got out of the school :angry: I grabbed him and took him back to his class, I took him in and teacher didn't even seem bothered I went back outside fumming then! when he came out later when the bell went he had forgotton his lunchbox so he went back in. he was a awhile so I went in to find him, he wasn't there... by this time i am getting rather upset I send hayley (my eldest) to look for him, eventually he appears with another teacher. I start shouting and then telling them that I am not happy about all of this (Mainly from him getting out the school without them even noticing) anyway one of the other teachers who is in charge of that corridor came to see what was going on and took me back to her room for a cup of tea and I told her everything and she wrote it all down. I told them about his AS, I am just so anoyed when n ot all the teachers are aware of this!

anyway better go this has taken me ages to write all this down!! :tearful:

Liz

In my school there is a 'Supply Teacher' file in every class. It contains all the important bits of info on pupils (allergies, medical problems etc). It is clearly marked and any supply teacher is expected to read it, it is a quick flick 2 minute job. It ought to be standard practice in all schools to be honest. It might not have stopped the kind of incident you describe but, it may have made the teacher more aware of your sons problems and therefore highlighted the need to keep an eagle eye on him.

I can't say I blame you for losing it, I think anybody would under the circumstances. What you need to try and do is build upon how things ended. You have had a chance to sit and talk to someone - who, hopefully, noe has a bit of a better understanding of things from you. Now might be a good chance to build on that and use the opportunity to your benefit. I sincerely hope that you and your son are feeling better now and that everything gets back to normal as soon as possible.