Sign in to follow this  
Wivstar

I Need Help!

i am expieriancing Short Term Memory Loss And when i look at stuff And look Away It Seems Like Weird i cant Explain People Say Its A Headache But its Not I Have got a cold Thou. :crying::crying:

Colds can affect the way you are a lot, if your sinuses are blocked up you may not be able to see properly and feeling ill often makes people unable to think straight and to remember things. It is more than likely to be a symptom of your illness and will pass when you get better.

In the meantime you could try taking some paracetamol or use something like Vick to clear your nose and help you breathe more easily.

Need more info

how long has it been since it started?

What do you mean by weird? - how is it different from normal,do you have any pain? is there a history of migraine? are you getting any visual disturbances? do you feel dizzy, sick? Are there any auditory symptoms?

If not able to supply - telephone NHS direct and explain to them and they will help, otherwise - you must take medical advice.

It sounds like a migraine - but other conditions could be responsible.

possible it is cold - but you need to rule out other possibilities - but colds do not usually cause "weird" vision - i have never heard that desciption before

Edited by Ian Jordan

Hi Wivstar and welcome to the forum,

There are so many things that can cause short term memory loss - anything from ASD-related stuff to TIAs (mini-strokes) - loads really.

I have short term memory loss because I have an illness called Lupus which in my case gives me this problem in addition to others.

Suggest you call your doctor - have you had any sudden headaches with it - really sudden, any tingling in your face or limbs, any blurred vision?

Self diagnosis is never a good idea where the head's concerned - best get it checked out >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Daisy

Wivstar - Hope you feel much better soon - it may be one of many things - it's the weekend so NHS direct may be the best choice - or your doctor if they do a Saturday surgery...

i get a pain in my eyes sometimes And they go red and sore ouch, Also sometimes when someones speaks to me and i try to remember it i think did it realy happen i cant remember?? Btw can anyone tell me about the Effects Of Aspergers