2pink2blue

Had app with BSS.

Well, met the woman from Behavioural Support Services on Tuesday, nice woman. She started off by telling me that she doesn't really deal with cases like B's. Normally works with the "really naughty children" who are facing long term fixed exclusions. Think she was trying to make me feel better but it's yet another professional who is going to refer us on to someone else.

She said this next woman ( not totally sure where she comes from or whether it's someone within BSS ) would work on Social Skills with B and anger management. She also said B's difficulties/behaviour was complex and we really need another type of refferal. When we said we were waiting for Camhs she said she may be able to give them a bit of a push.

So not quite sure what to think? Anyone been down this route? She rattled off things like ADHD, Autism, Aspergers etc but in the context of this next woman NOT being able to tell us if B had anything like that, hence the need for the other referral. Have to say we hadn't suggested that she had anything so it came just from her.

Feel like things are moving but just not sure where! :crying:

The head seems against any kind of label or dx or pinning down of exact difficulties. Not sure why...although may just be worried that B gets labeled and it hinders her rather than helps. We have a good relationship with the Head as does B but I'm concerned that she is happy now that things are fairly settled at school. We on the other hand want to understand what is going on inside B not just that she behaves at school.

Oh I feel all mixed up and didn't mean this to get so long. Basically after any advice on what to expect next I suppose.

i think i may be waiting to see the sort of woman u saw

im also waiting for camhs but told ive months and this is from last year

social worker is getting me appointment with the type of woman you said,and i think when i see her she will do the same pass me on to someone else,i think its cause the disruptive behaviour and naughtyness is not just for the hell of it but theres a cause behind it ie,like as-cause they cant deal with situations-so this then ties there hands to do something.i get passed from pillar to post from the autistic folk saying there not sure then to the behaviouril folk saying well we cant deal with it if it comes under autistic spectrum,it all feels hopeless at times.

as if no one actually will stick there neck out and help one way or the other :blink:

all the advice i can give you is dont give up pushing,which is what i have learnt alot to do[i really dont care what they think of me now as long as i push enough to get the help for my son thats all that bothers me :P ]

p.s have you got hospital consultant? you should ask him all these questions and he should refer you to the right people.

its all a long process so dont worry your not on your own, my sons 4 and this has been going on since he was 1.

Edited by rainbow queen

I know that BSS is also known as BEST and BST...if that makes it clearer.

We don't have a hospital consultant but have seen the schools peadiatrician who said she needed referring to a clinical psychologist. But because we had already been referred to Camhs she wouldn't do it...probably would have been quicker to have gone this route I think.

Just signed the paperwork this morning for them to get the ball rolling for them to come back into school to work with B.

I'm just at the point now where I want to sit down with someone and get some answers that don't just revolve around her education.

Just been a long week this one.... :crying: