Sign in to follow this  
hev

letter from cahms

got a letter from cahms today it said they had a boy steves age with AS,would i like to exchange tel number with him so maybe him and steve could meet up,i think thats a very good idea as stevens circle of friends is non existant outside school,anyway i saw the letter again tonight and it said the boy also had a dx of tourettes like steve,i didnt think steve had tourettes although he does do certain facial movements and does movements with his hands but not a lot,it just really threw me because i never thought he had tourettes and to just see it in a letter like that when i wasent expecting it was really strange,i expect i need to phone cahms as its never been mentioned before,the doctor has always said steve has tics,is that tourettes?hope im making sense!

thats odd,i would ring them to clarify that,either they assuming he has it or they got it on his file and not said nowt to you.

my nephew has tourettes and aspergers and ocd.

also might be because it says he has tics ,im waiting for my 4 year old to see camhs,he also moves his head and hands-twitches

Edited by rainbow queen

Hi

Think that's a disgrace that no one spelt it out to you and that you had to read about Tourettes in a letter. I have a relative that has Tourettes. He has tics, facial movements/expressions and makes involuntary sounds and movements with his hands, etc. Tics are definitely one of the characteristics of Tourettes. Hope that helps.

Caroline.

Hev >:D<<'>

What a way to find out. :(

Just a thought - my little one has it 'noted' on his records that he has tics. This may or may not turn out to be tourettes - it's a wait and see type of thing. But, when we went to see the EP, she mentioned he has tics and assumed he has the tourettes dx. I did check it out - it says possible tourettes in his notes, but he's not be firmly dx'd with it. ???

To have a diagnosis of tourettes there has to have been mulitple motor tics such as facial tics, shrugging shoulders and one or more vocal tics including things like grunting, throat clearing and sniffing present for over 12 months which wax and wane and the tics change. I think its terrible that they have never actually said to you whether he has this.

Edited by Jessica's_mum