Sign in to follow this  
amberzak

Does anyone else find clubbing like torture

My friends birthday was a couple of days ago, and we went to Smith and Westerns for a meal. It was load and horrid. They ahve beels going off for peoples birthdays every 15 minutes it seems. :blink:

Well then we went to Chicargos - a night club in our area.

The music was deafeningly loud, and there were people everywhere. :crying: I felt really uncomfortable and I thought my head was going to expload. I couldn't explain to my friends that the music really hurt my ears, nor could I explain that I don't like too many people - I go for the quite, not so busy areas. :(

I also would like to know if people find relationships hard. I had a boyfriend, and though I loved his attention, I got uncomfortable at the physical attention he was giving me. I don't really like too much physical contact with people. Do others find the same?

:unsure:

You totally can say that it's too loud - you could say if you didn't want to explain anything else that the flashing lights or loud music gives you a migraine because that is a 'mainstream' thing that your friends will accept.

And yes... same with me and relationships. I have had two boyfriends in my life, one I broke up with because he went off to join the army and didn't want to still have a girlfriend, the other one more recently because I started realising that he didn't understand what I wanted or needed in a relationship and wasn't interested in finding out.

My x was very loving and understanding, but he was too touchy. I wanted to be snuggly and cuddly, but I find touching hard.

I can completely relate to this. I am not a great fan of clubs either. There's too much noise coming from all directions, I get disorientated and hate the fact there's so many people there.

Regarding relationships I'm very lucky in that I met my DH when I was 18 and have been with him ever since, but had had no relationships beyond one that lasted a couple of months before that.