catsplaice

Setting up a support group need ideas etc

Hi, me and my friend are setting up a local support group group, offering advice, info etc, we have got the backing of our local CDC, they have been great this last year with our children, we just felt that our area is lacking in support for parents, and me and my mate said come on lets do something about it, we have got most of it sorted out, all the paperwork etc, but would so appreciate any ideas, advice in helping us run the group more efficently, we so want to help others, I myself have had a hard year or so with my little girl who's 4 with asd, and would love to help other local parents.......we welcome any input, any ideas.....big or small..... look forward to hearing from you......big big thanx......Esther n Lynne :D:D:D

Hi Esther and Lynne

There is a good source of information sheets that are not too heavy going and it is at

Asperger Syndrome Foundation

There are also a number of Early Support brochures available free from the Dfes covering Speech and Language Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, When your child has No Diagnosis , Larning Disabilities etc.

the website for the Early Support Organisation is

Early Support

I hope this will set you off with having information to dish out

There is loads more - but this is a good starting point

HelenL

Hi Esther and Lynne

There is a good source of information sheets that are not too heavy going and it is at

Asperger Syndrome Foundation

There are also a number of Early Support brochures available free from the Dfes covering Speech and Language Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, When your child has No Diagnosis , Larning Disabilities etc.

the website for the Early Support Organisation is

Early Support

I hope this will set you off with having information to dish out

There is loads more - but this is a good starting point

HelenL

Hiya helen.....many thanx, will go check out sites now...thanx

esther