Sign in to follow this  
clintess

my complaint against ds previous sch update

Dear Mrs *******,

You will recall that i siad i would take your concerns about the SENCO situation at ***** **** to the senior special needs officer at ******* hall.

We are told again that ADHD/ASD are medical conditions and it is not expected tht teachers should be able to recognise the condition,though some obviously can.

I asked too about qualifications requiredof a SENCO an in realty it is quite possible for a school to appoint someone with no specail needs skills.

Which appears to be what happens at **** ****.It is worth notng that ***** **** has the second lowest percentage of sen children of any primary school in the area.******* ***** has four times as many and that is no doubt why that school is more adept at noting conditions such as ADHD.

I have made it clear now at two levels that teachers that do not have the background to complete DWP forms should not do so.

I realise you may not have got an outcome out of this such as might satisfy you.

However,whilst the LEA at both area and head office level may have held te offical line,i have no doubt that our points will have been noted.

Very best wishes.

and copy to mp

I am also going to write to the secretary of state for education etc as i feel if they want to include childen into mainstream at least have the relevant peolpe with the proper qualifications in that feild to be able to impletment the correct provisions. :unsure: