Sign in to follow this  
tmf

DLA...How wrong could they get it!!

Finally got round to picking up the hefty application form from dla. I couldn't beleive my eyes when i realised they had sent it for claiming for someone who is over 16!!

I phoned them they thought i wanted it which is why it was sent for me........ :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

The good news is they said they will send a new one out, but to keep the letter than came with the one i received because if i am sucessful i will have it back dated from when i very first enquired.

fingers crossed i receive it soon and of course am sucessful as ds wants ice skating lessons :wacko::wacko:

Before you fill in the right form it's well worth looking at the advice here on the forum about filling it in. It's very daunting 26 pages long !!! We have just managed to get DLA for our son, and I'm sure it helped that his teacher signed the form and his dotor at CAMHs was given as a contact also. It does take time for the DWP to do their assessment but if you're claim goes through you do get all the money backdated. Take your time over the form, we did it in little bits over afew weeks, you get six weeks to fill it in. I really hope it works out for you, the money does help because you do have to do things differently and after all it's for your childs benefit. Good luck if that's the right way to put it.

tmf

The did EXACTLY the same thing to us. I rang them up when the form arrived and said that I wanted one for a child. They said "you should have specified that when you rang us" I said "I did, twice." Like you they advised me to keep the original form so I did. However, when I submitted the proper form (and it is a sod to fill in) along with the original form, they still didn't back date it to the original date.

I didn't push it, all the fight had gone out of me by then, but I did ring up a couple of weeks later & they denied receiving the original form with my application!

At the end of the day it's no big issue so didn't bother taking it any further, but just to let you know I wonder really if they do this on purpose (as if it wasn't a hard enough process anyway)

Yeah good shout Jill,

I have often wondered if they are purposely being difficult too. They sent me the very same forms and said they hadn't recieved my form for the mobility part either....yeah right. It took the best part of a year to get the mobility part of dla. Take it from me send all your correspondence by registered/recorded post!

Good luck with the forms they are a git to do. Oh and make sure you keep a copy for yourself!