Sign in to follow this  
MumTee

ITV This Morning/ David Cameron

Dont know if any of you saw this today on itv, so here's a link

Share the Care Campaign

I cant help liking David Cameron - am I being suckered in???

The campaign looks good though because its all about giving people with disabled children rights to respite and rights to choose what that respite is.....

Whaddya think guys?

I didn't know about this campaign - thanks for the link, MumTee.

David Cameron has always spoken out on disability issues and he spoke against the closure of special schools before becoming Tory party boss. As the parent of a disabled child, he has personal experience of the situation at least, and so you can't doubt his sincerity on this issue.

K

I don't think you can doubt his devotion to the case as a parent, but as a registered synic I would say that he does use it well for political gain. Sorry thats just me atm!

Oh, I agree with you melly, he's first and foremost a politician, and I'm sure he'll be quick to jump on this bandwagon if it will help him.

K

David Cameron's stance on special educational needs is the only thing he has ever been clear on and it was before there was any idea that he would become a party leader. Everything else the man says is meaningless and George Orwell once wrote an important article warning future generations to beware the ides of march when official figures use vague and meaningless langauge merely for effect.

I am fairly sure politicians like Cameron discourage many disabled people, Autistics in particular, from ever voting: we have no idea what we are voting for. Most people don't know what they are voting for, but very few know that they know nothing. Confucious says the wise man knows he knows nothing and when you find out what you don't know, assume that you only know what you are ignorant of and not what you think you are no longer ignorant of.