Sign in to follow this  
bernadette

bowling...dont do it !!

took my kids bowling...never again.well not for a while anyway.

my DD (who is under assessment for AS) took her first shot and missed.that was it.she was on the floor kicking and screaming.after about 10 mins she calmed down,not bad ,i thought.

then her friend scored a strike...oh no...the end of the world.DD called her a cheat,screamed in her face,said ITS NOT FAIR.about 30 times,then every go after that she wouldnt even try,just turned away .wouldnt look at how many had fell.she was like kevin the teenager...swinging her arms.

i had concidered taking her and some class mates bowling for her birthday next month(she will be 7)but think i`ll find something else with no element of competition involved.

how do you all feel about musical chairs...isnt it the worst party game ever..i can see my daughter getting more n more worked up with a serious concentrating face until she is finaly forced off a chair by some one who has "CHEATED" leaving DD running towards me with fists clenched and an angry face..then i get screamed at and usually head butted in the belly..oh the delights of it.

bernadette x

Com loves bowling - has his very own style :lol:

each to their own with our lot

took him riding once, Dot loves it but Com has issues with the smell and had to be asked to leave because he was so loud about it he was freaking the horses out

Zemanski

Hi,

What a nightmare, poor you >:D<<'> . I took Kai bowling, but went with my dad and sister, so no other kids. We had a "boys team" and a "girls team" and thankfully it worked out ok. Kai used one of those ramps, so it was much easier for him (he's 7). I know he's be dreadful if there were other kids competing against him.

Hope you think of something good to do for her birthday,

Loulou x

My ds usually only takes part for the first few throws and then becomes difficult. His two brothers love it though, so we still go at times, for their sakes. I myself am never sure whether I enjoy it; I like bowling, but if we could only do it without him present...