Ive posted about a month ago what im goin through but would like to speak to people direct who i could connect with & meet...how do u do this on here-I need people to discuss things every minute every day u know..especially when at lost in my own world at work...pls help

Hi Jontythe artist, Sorry to hear your having a rough time, not certain how you go about talking face to face(new here myself) Im sure there are people who will do this though, I do know that if anyone can make you feel better, the people on this forum can, two weeks ago I was at rock bottom, and Im glad to say that Im on the up, directly because of this forum! :thumbs: Hope you are feeling better very soon.xx

As a moderator I would advise all forum members use a great deal of caution regarding exchanging contact details or arranging to meet with any forum members - we simply cannot guarantee that people are who, and what, they appear to be. Every ISP carries a standard similar warning so I won't repeat it as I am sure you know the drill.

Hi jontytheartist,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through a bad time. I think you need time to talk with people that understand your problems and I think here is a good place. I must agree with phasmid that is not a good thing to give out personal details to someone we do not know, but am sure that a lot of member here will be happy to give you advice. I think for the time being it would be wise to get some advice from the members here. You can use the personal messenger if you wish to talk to someone in private.

Maybe it would help if you give us more details of what you are going through. I have not read all of your last posts and i will go and have a look now. I just think you should keep posting your concerns and get to know us all.

All the best

Nikrix

Hi Jonty. have you thought about councelling?

I know people are reluctant to take this route but I have had councelling as has my husband. It was not related to AS but it helped a great deal, and made a big difference in our lives.

The great thing about it is you can talk in confidence. Your GP can refer you to a councellor.

Also have you tried the Samaritans? They are available at the end of the phone at any time of day or night.

Guest hallyscomet
Hi Jonty. have you thought about councelling?

I know people are reluctant to take this route but I have had councelling as has my husband. It was not related to AS but it helped a great deal, and made a big difference in our lives.

The great thing about it is you can talk in confidence. Your GP can refer you to a councellor.

Also have you tried the Samaritans? They are available at the end of the phone at any time of day or night.

Hi Jonty,

I totally agree with Viper, it may take a little while to find a counsellor you like. But it is really worth it, as they are trained to help. Some of us can talk from experiences what has helped us, but counsellors can go that step further in one on one face to face and that is really important. They are not only there to listen but can recommend some really good books to read they they believe will be the right one 'just for you', but remember there are lots of lovely caring people on here and they are also here after the counselling if you need some more reassurance. It is a journey Jonty, Have faith, you can do it.

Sending you lots of these :pray::pray::pray:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hailey :)