Sign in to follow this  
Elouise

Anyone with sensitive junior age girls?

Daft question.

Annie, my little lost in time and space daughter, is becoming increasingly stressed anxious and panicky over going to school. She wants to go but is totally overwhelmed.

The SENCO is fantastic *anyone who can deal with Sam in one of HIS moods and smile through 'his little moments' wins my vote*.

She is on school action plus, receives extra help from the outreach OT from the local special school with fine motor skills and is now getting extra help within special gross motor skills group. They also offer her an after school club *free* for kids with or without SEN who lack all confidence and they even created an art club so she had somewhere that she was one of the best at something in.

Heck her teacher even sends her 'well done' cards in the post for effort above and beyond the call of duty.

And despite all this the poor little kid is still suffering.

Its as if she is over responding to all sensory input and especially if she thinks someone has shouted at her. Add in total perfectionism with a complete inability to do basic level maths, English or anything really and its making for one very unhappy little kid.

Other kids are able to read real books. Annie is barely able to fathom out occasional words in Barrington Stoke books.

Anyone have any idea where I can find info on helping junior age DAMP girls, her consultant thinks DAMP is closest to what is going on.

I WILL be speaking with Nathan and Sam's CAHMS team in July when we do the once a year family special visit.

But for now I still need to think of someway to encourage her for now.