Sign in to follow this  
TuX

Sega Mega Drive-new release,new start?

http://www.beggarprince.com/

Someone mentioned it on the inbox page of Game Central [page 306 on teletext] this morning,it is a new oldskool RPG for the Megadrive/Genesis,it only went on sale this month.

I wonder does this mean the possibility of more new games being developed and released on the megadrive?

Afterall,up until this year,SEGA had still being releasing new games onto the dreamcast format in NTSC regions even though mainstream had given up on it long ago,I think it would be good to have the mega drive back,even though it wouldn't get a major following.

What does everyone else think?

The SEGA Megadrive. The Motorola 68000 at its finest. Did you know that the Megadrive was based upon the SEGA arcade game machines from the late 1980s? Unlike modern consoles that use lots of custom chips and CPUs optimised for video games, the Megadrive was built almost entirely from off the shelf components, so it would be possible to build working replicas at home.

Somewhere I have info about how to write games for the Megadrive and special software tools and utilities used. Assemblers and C compilers for the 68000 are readily available.