Sign in to follow this  
nellie

Parent Point Project launched in May

This was featured in the NAS Communication Magazine I received this morning.

The NAS is one of the advisory partners in the Parent Point project that is developing information for parents on I CAN?s Talking Point website.

Parent Point, launched in May, is an information service for parents, giving information on all aspects of children?s communication development and disabilities, giving them the knowledge and resources to support their children?s communication development

http://www.ican.org.uk/sitecore/content/Ta.../Frontpage.aspx

Seems as though it is 99% speech and language - in that area it is good but

very little on facial expression, body language etc. These are as important, in many cases in ASD more so. They are relegated to an insignificant couple of lines, I think the site needs a significant rethink as it is far too limited.

Had a good skeg round the site & I do think there is some really useful information about speaking and listening.

I agree with Ian though, speech is just one aspect of communication - a very small aspect.

I've sent some feedback on the site, asking if they could include other methods of communication, otherwise it's really just a speech and listening forum, not a comms forum.