Sign in to follow this  
barefoot wend

The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat

I was wondering if anyone here has read this. It's pretty old but well-known.

I found it fascinating, annoying, enlightening and downright irritating at times. However, definitely an interesting read. There is someone with Tourette's and more than one autism case study - though these weren't the most interesting (but were the most annoying in part - words I find particularly offensive were ones such as 'simpleton', but he has some interesting points to make).

Most fascinating were the ones on agnosias which I felt certainly had echoes. To be honest, not sure how I feel about it but most definitely found it very absorbing.

Barefoot

P.S. Kerre also found it exceedingly interesting but pronounced it 'rude' - I think he means 'offensive' in places so don't start thinking it's risque.

I read this YEARS ago along with another of his books...

Can't remember exactly what it was now, but do remember that at some point i started to find his manner a bit condescending and 'sensationalist', and once I had THAT in my head it sort of ruined the case studies for me...

May have just been me, and - as i say - it was a while ago so don't ask me for specifics...

I was quite surprised to find him writing books anyway - just remembered him from comparing 'The Good Old Days' :lol::lol::lol:;)

L&P

BD