Sign in to follow this  
tabz2711

Daughter 15 depressed and ran away we suspected AS

Thanks girls for all your support. As the appointment was very short notice I didn't have time to prepare any examples of S behaviour and thought the first appointment was to assess her for depression and whether she was at risk of self harming or the "unmentionable".

We were there for three hours, in that time S spent some time with the CAHMS nurse on her own and filled out a questionnaire whilst we went in the other room to fill one out to on Autism.

As we were leaving it was explained that we should hear in about two weeks whether it will be necesary to see S again and the nurse would be discussing the questionnaire with the child Psychartist.

Within an hour of us getting home there had been a message left on our phone giving us another appointment with S at CAHMS for middle of July and to bring with us any list of traits that S has and any observations that we have seen. At least we havn't been kept waiting.

The nurse really put us at ease and seemed very caring. She talked about our parenting skills and so on.

thanks once again

S*

looks like they have listened and taken your concerns seriously, >:D<<'> hope your o.k...........how is your dd, how does she feel about a dx ?

looks like they have listened and taken your concerns seriously, >:D<<'> hope your o.k...........how is your dd, how does she feel about a dx ?

Hi Suze

I too feel that CAHMS have listened and not thought I was just a neurotic mother. They must have seen some traits to phone me straight away giving S another appointment.

S has been a little moody since getting back from the appointment, She did go out yesterday with her friends and informed me that they had been taking about one of their friends who has AS, they didn't say anything negative about him. S said she wouldn't tell her friends if she was DX with AS.

S*

Great news. Looks like you have struck gold at this meeting (judging by the fact they responded to their obsevartions that quickly!). Hope it goes as well from here on in for you all.

Hi .I am really pleased that CAMHS first appt was so helpful and they have responded so quickly.We found that although it was a shock realising that Ben had difficulties that professionals were taking seriously it did get intervention in place more quickly which was good in the long run.I found the wait between appointments quite stressful.I will be thinking about you all.Karen