dooday24

any idas please

reece thinks that when we leave the house he should take all his worldly goods with him which is a bit hard when i hav to take him to school on a bus but he screams bites kicks and ends up really disstressed then i end up sressed and we end up going round in circles then he just lays down and says i aint goin then!!!!!!! wat can i do :crying::crying::huh::huh:

Hi,

Kai likes taking lots of "treasures" out with us. He's not so bad as he used to be though (he's nearly 8).

All i can suggest, is maybe getting a little child's rucksack, then telling him he can put anything in it, as long as it fits. That way, you limit what he takes, and it all stays together in the bag. Easy to transport back home too. ???

Loulou x

I would try to limit what he needs to take by letting him buy/choose new bag, container, tin etc to pick some special things to take. But limit the things he can take to that one bag/tin etc. Once its full, its full. Let him choose different items each day to put in, if that would please him more. Could he take photos of his other wordly goods, so he can look at them, or pictures etc. What about a reward system. For every time/day he co operates and uses just one bag/tin full etc, at the weekend he can choose a special treat or toy? Good luck :D Hope you find something that works :D

When kieran was younger and still at school he would never leave the house unless his bag was so full of stuff that onl;y i could carry it.I was later told it was a security thing taking a bit of home to school.But the stuff he didnt ever bring home with him,at one point school asked us to not let him fetch stuff buit it was either that or he didnt go lol.

lynn

I don't have any answers but undestand.Ben likes to take things out whenever we go out.With him the most frustrating thing is the waiting around while he decides what to take and locates it.We need to allow extra time otherwise I get stressed and he gets mors adamant that he absolutely has to have whatever with him to survive.He then leaves said article behind and we have to search for it before coming home. :D:D

Oh dear been through this one

What we did - bought him a special bag (quite small) to put things he wanted to take and a box, we put his name on it and next to the front door. We called it his 'safe' so he knew all the things he couldn't fit in the bag were in the box safe until we got home. Seemed he was scared that they either wouldn't be when we got back, or I would put them away and he wouldn't be able to find them (my fault)

He now is much better and will accept being restricted to taking one or 2 things, but somethings we have to say no like a massive encyclopeadia :blink: which I know I will end up carrying.

Edited by lil_me