Sign in to follow this  
Andie

Holiday Hell

Please can someone tell me how they cope with school clubs.

My daughter loves to go to the school holiday club. As you can well appreciate it is at the school she goes to. Well the problem is I have got to find somewhere for her to go for the first week that is in a different environment has someone got any good ideas how to deal with this seeing as these holiday clubs will not be opening until the holidays begin.

Her main problem is change of scenary and different people and gets upset and agitated about having deal with new people. Should I take that week off or is there some way I can prepare her emotionally so that she learns there are times when things do not go to plan. :unsure:

Please can someone tell me how they cope with school clubs.

My daughter loves to go to the school holiday club. As you can well appreciate it is at the school she goes to. Well the problem is I have got to find somewhere for her to go for the first week that is in a different environment has someone got any good ideas how to deal with this seeing as these holiday clubs will not be opening until the holidays begin.

Her main problem is change of scenary and different people and gets upset and agitated about having deal with new people. Should I take that week off or is there some way I can prepare her emotionally so that she learns there are times when things do not go to plan. :unsure:

Hi

You have not mentioned how old your daughter is, What about taking a couple of days off and sending her for the afternoon for the first two days and see how she gets on, is she going to the holiday club because you work, maybe you could get a friend or grandparent to be on call or have her for part of the day if you can't take time off.

I foster and children with attachment problems all seem to not like holidays as their routine is changed which in turn makes them feel very unsecure. So we always have difficult behaviour when we go away. We have had a mobile home since fostering and tend to go to that as its home from home, but occasionally would like somewhere new for the rest of us.