onlycrazygal

PARLIAMENT....

can anyone tell me if there is an mp or mps that represent asds in parliment ??? and has there been any legislation passed concerning aspergers specifically ???

thanks,

hugs,

paula

ps think the last person to bring aspergers up in the house of lords was Angela browning as her son was/is aspie but that was 2003 i believe.....

can anyone tell me if there is an mp or mps that represent asds in parliment ??? and has there been any legislation passed concerning aspergers specifically ???

thanks,

hugs,

paula

ps think the last person to bring aspergers up in the house of lords was Angela browning as her son was/is aspie but that was 2003 i believe.....

sorry i dont know, would be interested to find out though so Ill keep an eye on this thread, hopefully someone will know and i just wanted to say it isn't in caps lock its just big and though i found it jumped off the page at me too I realise some folk might need their fonts big to see it themselves so i don't mind either way

Lorraine

There is a job share position between and advisor on disability.

You can find it here. http://www.officefordisability.gov.uk/

MPs are not supposed to have conflict of interests, they are meant to represent their party and the constituancy that voted them in.

They MAY be asked to represent an area affected by government policy in either the cabinet or if in opposition the shadow cabinet.

The Office for disability is very recent has arised from the current governments interest in pushing through policies that facilitate the social model of disability. Its mostly staffed by civil servants.

There is the All Party Parliamentary Group on Autism (APPGA) which is a cross party group including MP's and Lords and they are meeting on Wednesday 12th July 2006 at Westminster. If you ring NAS you can get details.

There is an APPGA Manifesto. It would be handy to see if your own particular MP is part of the the Group and then you can make your views known to them.

Hope this helps

HelenL

Helen Jones had a debate in March

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/c....htm#column_794

Click on Next Section to read the next part.

If you type autism into the search engine on Hansard autism comes up almost daily. The House of Lords has particularly good debates on disability in general as many of the members have experience.

thanks jaded this is superb........ >:D<<'> ok now wish me luck hehe....

ive emailed every mp in the country about the msbp consensus and how it was purposely left as is so that the ss can use it against parents they wish to deem unfit .......so that they in turn can remove children to fulfill the adoption targets that tony blair set. apparently ss get a big fat butty for reaching these targets.....

every other country has scrapped it as it is now known to be purely based on the theory of roy meadows who was struck off the medical register for giving grossly incorrect evidence resulting in ppl being imprisoned.

now i intend to ruffle a few feathers as my own mp wont listen to me im afraid , cheersa for this love,

hugs,

paula

Hi Paula

This is an excellent site which might help you - you can track debates on particular issues in parliament, find out the voting record of MP's and loads of other useful and fascinating information.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/

K x

I know that NAS had a meating with Tony Blaire and others on the day they launched the make school make sense document [see NAS website].NAS are encourageing parents and others concerned to send a letter to their MP as part of the initiative.Don't know if there have been other posts about make school make sense?

Thanks for highlighting this again, Karen.

Here is a link to the campaign information.

You can write to your MP and the Secretary of State by downloading standard letters which you can personalise if you want to; and also send off for the campaign pack which contains a postcard to send to the leader of your council. It's worth doing - I've had responses from all of them so far.

Here you can find out whether your MP has signed the Early Day Motion on Autism and education.

K

this is really useful info guys thanks.....incidentally if anyone ever gets into any trouble via ss and there silly policies plz visit fassit.co.uk.....they are excellent!

thanks again all will let you know how i go.......

hugs,

paula x :dance: