Sign in to follow this  
LizK

Sports day yesterday

It was Reception sports yesterday. After reading the posts about Sports day last week was unsure how Adam would find it. In the practices his LSA had told me he was 'really fast' but at nursery events he always froze and just stood with his finger in his mouth whenever we turned up to sports day or the nursery concert. Was worried the crowds and noise would upset him too or he'd start acting really silly because we were there.

However he did really well though :) It was well orgnaised which helped. Just the three Reception classes so not huge numbers of parents. There were lots of different races that the children all did in their groups at the same time and then moved on to the next station. So only the parents of the children in Adam's group were watching so it wasn't like the eyes of all the parents were on him. The races were run in teams too so no indivual pressure to perform. Only blip was when the head blew the whistle to start the first race. Adam hates the whistle and looked terrified :(. He was totally distracted during the first race and kept putting his hands over his ears so his LSA sent someone to speak to her and she came over to tell Adam she wouldn't blow it again and he relaxed :)

He did ever so well. He managed to do all the races, the coordination ones he found a bit tricky but a lot of them did. It was funny watching these four year olds trying to go through hoops or getting stuck climbing under a bench or running past the finish line as they thought they had to run further :lol:. He was very fast on the running ones and most of all he looked pleased with himself and enjoyed it :clap::clap::clap:

The weather started off as a glorious summers day then it clouded over, the wind got up, thunder was heard in the backgroud and during the 6th race the heavens opened, sports day was abandoned and everyone made a dash for it :rolleyes: ! At least we avoided doing the parents race :lol: !

Lx

My dd is in year 6 and i have just come back from her sports day, with Keegan too (off for 2 weeks) and i got really emotional thinking that this will be the last primary sports day i will attend...

Watching the little foundation kids trying to skip, do egg and spoon races made me want to cry, i know i am a sissy and i also cry at their plays!!!!!