Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Need reward toys

I'm looking ahead a bit here but come September I want a selection of small cheap toys that I can give to Ben as rewards for completing an educational task. The idea is that I put a price on each toy, say 10p and Ben has to earn coins by doing his school work (I might just add here that he is home ed) until he has earned enough to "buy" a toy.

What I want is a collection of small things like soldiers or pirates that he can build on. I want to buy him say a fort or castle so he can aim at getting things to go in it. Hope your with me.

The thing is I cant find anything that I don't have to rob a bank for. Something like tubs of small toys.

Any ideas where I can get them from?

What about Lego? That way he can build up a collection. There was a Lego castle, there are lots of things that you can get extras for. Check out charity shops. Lego lasts forever.

If there is a sticker book he is interested in stickers are quite good and inexpensive too. my son has done lots of these, Dr Who being the current one. He will happily complete all his work for a 35p packet of stickers.

Denise 2

Top Trumps and Yu Gi Oh cards are great too. I got J to take hayfever eye drops by giving him a Star Wars Spaceships top trumps card at the end of every day, he takes them no bother at all now.

We also used Lego Knights for three successful activities - swimming, football and karate. He collects a token for each one then trades them in for one of the knights.

Karen

x

hawkins bazaar website is very good for very cheap toys (a few pence only sometimes) and lots of things which could appeal to ASD children - eg spinners, coloured lights, bubbles, tactile things. Otherwise if you google for party bags there are lots of sites which also sell small toys designed to go into party bags again for only a few pennies. Last option is again the party section of supermarkets and shops like woolies which often do selection bags with about 20 assorted toys for a few pounds.

Top Trumps and Yu Gi Oh cards are great too. I got J to take hayfever eye drops by giving him a Star Wars Spaceships top trumps card at the end of every day, he takes them no bother at all now.

We also used Lego Knights for three successful activities - swimming, football and karate. He collects a token for each one then trades them in for one of the knights.

Karen

x

This reminded me of when son was in school, he was not impressed by the merit system at all and made no effort as he thought it was a waste of time. We supplied the teachers with a pack of top trumps and for every merit he got he also got a top trump. Straight away he started to make an effort.

Denise 2