Sign in to follow this  
Flora

my son the exploding pressure cooker!

Never again will I underestimate the effect that anticipation of an event has on Bill :o

Tomorrow we are going up to Newcastle to stay with some friends; primarily it's so that Bill can go and spend time with his bestest friend (only friend actually). He will be with us until Saturday, then he goes to a b'day party with his class mates from his old school at which his friend will be there, then off to his friends house until Wednesday and his friend will come back down with us on the train to stay with us for a few days.

Well, today he gets up in a foul mood. Things deteriorate as the day goes on and by 6 pm he'd had two major melt down fits. He seemed to have calmed after that but came and sat in the kitchen when I was cooking and I don't know what happened, maybe a blinked at the wrong time :huh: who knows?... but he suddenly started screaming at me. Literally screaming words at me as loud as he could. He ran upstairs screaming, into his bedroom, slammed the door, still screaming. It went on for almost 15 minutes. There was nothing I could do or say so I just kept well out of the way. Then when it went quiet I waited a while and crept up to his room to find him sitting on the bed playing the playstation as if nothing had happened!!!!

He's now quite happy, quiet... but happy.

:blink:

It's been weeks since he had any upsetting incidents, so this took me right off guard. I guess the excitement was just too much and it had to come out but I'm now really worried about how he's going to cope!!

Edited by Flora

Maybe with the meltdowns that he has had today he has released all the tension he has been feeling about going to Newcastle so hopefully he will be ok now. Its only a thought and i do hope things are ok for you. Enjoy your stay!!!

:( he's still simmering, hissing and bubbling. I do feel for him; but Ben has been upset by it, and now I'm just dreading going away. And my poor dd, it's her birthday and it's been quite awful for her.

Flora

Edited by Flora