Sign in to follow this  
HiLo

DLA Question

Hi Folks I dont post very often but read every day.I will give you some back ground first before i ask my dreaded DLA question.My son I has not been diagnosed with an ASD but with a communication disorder,developmental delay,and also a speach and language delay.( I probably shouldn't be on this board at all).He is 4 1/2 year old.

We have only just started getting DLA middle rate care in June this year (it was back dated from january).The award should run until 01/08. My problem is because he is now approaching 5 they have sent me another form so that i can apply for the mobility entitlement.I know i have to fill in the hole form again but his problems have not changed so i could just copy the photocopy that i keeped and updating it a little.

My question is will they revue his form then withdraw my award in which case i would be better just not applying but he has major problems when we are out and about running into the middle of the road,walking along the kerb,major tantrums when he just refuses to walk you guys know the story i dont need to tell you.My sure start sociol worker thinks i should apply and that i would have a good case.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has been in this situation if you could post and let me know what the outcome was.It might help me to make up my mind.

Thanks in advance Joyce

Hello Joyce,

I know its a real pain but I would fill the mobility form from scratch. Use your photocopy for reference and remember to always give the worst case scenario. Your social worker should (hopefully) be able to help you.

Good luck

Loraine

I would check with the DLA as when we applied for mobility to be added, if we did not want to have the whole thing re-assessed we just needed to put no change on the care forms and only fill in the mobility part. This was last year.

Denise 2