Sign in to follow this  
Deblegs

Support Worker

Dear All

I have stopped the support because I was given no reassurance that I would be given a Support Worker that would understand me.

From Debbie

Hi

I would just say dont do anything rash! It is much easier to get the person changed than to reinstate support!

Have you been in and spoken to the person who got you worried in the first place?

If you havent I would sit down and either write a letter or some bullet points for you to refer to in the meeting.

W e all need someone to talk to and support us Deb, and if someone is being paid to help you, any employment needs to take into account the kinds of things you like or need to do. Ie if you need someone to help you write letters, employing someone who cant write would not be meeting your needs.

If you need someone who will take the time to understand you then employing anyone who is impatient and you dont like is wrong !

You have the power to say no!

If you are being bullied into accepting the wrong person you have the right to say no I need someone else. Dont be bullied!

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for the advice

I tried to do all that you did suggest, but I was told that I was asking too much and that I couldn't expect to get a support worker who would understand and treat me right.

I am now going to choose my own person whom I would want to support me.

From Debbie

Hi

I would just say dont do anything rash! It is much easier to get the person changed than to reinstate support!

Have you been in and spoken to the person who got you worried in the first place?

If you havent I would sit down and either write a letter or some bullet points for you to refer to in the meeting.

W e all need someone to talk to and support us Deb, and if someone is being paid to help you, any employment needs to take into account the kinds of things you like or need to do. Ie if you need someone to help you write letters, employing someone who cant write would not be meeting your needs.

If you need someone who will take the time to understand you then employing anyone who is impatient and you dont like is wrong !

You have the power to say no!

If you are being bullied into accepting the wrong person you have the right to say no I need someone else. Dont be bullied!

Hope that makes sense!

I am now going to choose my own person whom I would want to support me.

Hi Debbie,

I hope you find the right person.

Good luck,

K x