Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

New BBIC Chatroom event

Just got this. Hope this is useful to some.

Hello again

The next two chatrooms we are organising at BIBIC will be run by our own therapists and will cover two topics that have been very popular in the past. Please join us if you can!

The first concerns behaviour issues that may be linked to autism or Asperger syndrome or ADHD, or indeed may not be linked to a diagnosis but are causing stress and anxiety for you, your child and the family. Graham will help you with advice, and where possible, the strategies to think about and try out at home This will be on Friday 22 September between 1 and 3 pm

The second is on nutrition. Children have gone back to school this month amidst lots of press coverage about healthy eating, but what does this mean to your child? What if they are faddy, don't have a good appetite, or have allergies or food intolerances? Does food affect their mood, concentration or energy levels? Carolyn will be on line with some answers on Tuesday October 3rd between 1 and 3 pm.

If you have not yet registered for the chatrooms and would like to do so now, please follow the link below. For security reasons all discussions take place only with those who are registered and have been allocated a user name and password.

To register click here:

http://www.bibic.org.uk/newsite/general/chatregister.htm

If you have forgotten your user name and password e-mail me on the address below and I will send it. You can also e-mail me if you have any problems entering the chat room and I will try to help. Vivienne.Streeter@bibic.org.uk

If you do not want to receive e-mails from BIBIC about the chat rooms, please just reply to this e-mail with REMOVE in the subject line and we will be happy to take your address out of our database.

I hope to chat to you on-line soon.

Kind regards

Viv

Vivienne Streeter BSc(Hons) PGCE

Director of Family Services

Email: vivienne.streeter@bibic.org.uk

BIBIC - special children - special challenges

Registered Charity No: 1057635

To see a short film about our work please visit www.bibic.org.uk/BIBIC_384K.wmv

Head Office: Knowle Hall, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA7 8PJ

Tel: 01278 684060 Fax: 01278 685573

BIBIC Cymru: Llancayo Court, Usk, NP15 1HY

Tel: 01291 672000

Following on from making this post a few people have contatcted me and said that, like me, they may not be able to be on-line when the event takes place. So I e-mailed the organisers and asked if they could find a way around this so that I/we could still access the discussion. Viv Streeter of BIBIC has e-mailed me back and has said she would be happy to supply a word document copy of the chat to anybody who would like one. She is also going to look into making archive copies available via their website. So, anyone who would like to read the discussion but cannot be on-line to do so needs to e-mail Viv on this address:

vivienne.streeter@BIBIC.org.uk

Hope that helps.

Thanks Phasmid, that's useful. Mid afternoon is an awkward time for a lot of people.

I've added the first event to the calendar, by the way.

K x

I have been in touch with Viv following the last 'chat' and made a suggestion regarding questions for the experts. You can now e-mail your questions on the subject under discussion in advance using the e-mail for her above. That way if you are unable to be on-line you can also arrange to pose a question in your abscence.

Hopefully that may help those with questions and also get them more of a response as well.