Sign in to follow this  
Suze

Do you tell the class there,s an ASPIE about.Help

Hi my son has AS DX a year ago.He knows he has it.Dilemma is do his classmates need to know?Currently lots of name calling going on and my son is displaying more AS traits so is probably appearring different.He has a LSA in class so they know he has special needs, also Dyslexic and Dyspraxic.Autism team in next week at long last could they help?School think it would help if class knew.Also many other sen kids in school all have lots of support from other kids and no teasing.Quite a caring school, also my son is 9.Any advice?

Thanks, for the links Nellie.After reading them I think I,ll talk to the Autism team Monday am and ask them to advise the school I don,t want the explanation of As to be misunderstood. Still have,nt decieded if telling them is the right thing to do though.Thanks x.

This is a tough issue. On the one hand you think to yourself "It's none of their business" but on the other hand you wonder if it will make things easier. :wub:

My son is still in Reception but I have started thinking about this already. One particular little boy in his class has been sneakily giving my son a hard time recently. Strangely this boy actually seems to be jealous of our son. I think he sees our son always getting extra attention, getting away with more than the others, and becoming one of the favourites of the dinnerladies etc. I think that at 5yrs old this other child is too young to understand much about SN but when he is a similar age to your son the situation may well be different.