• Announcements

• Kris

Depression, Mental Health and Crisis Support

<b>Depression, Mental Health and Crisis Support   </b>Depression and other mental health difficulties are common amongst people on the autistic spectrum and their carers.   People who are affected by general mental health difficulties are encouraged to receive and share information, support and advice with other forum members, though it is important to point out that this exchange of information is generally based on personal experience and opinions, and is not a substitute for professional medical help.   <b>There is a list of sources of mental health support here: <a href="http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=18801" target="_blank">Mental Health Resources link</a></b>   People may experience a more serious crisis with their mental health and need urgent medical assistance and advice. However well intentioned, this is not an area of support that the forum can or should be attempting to offer and we would urge members who are feeling at risk of self-harm or suicide to contact either their own GP/health centre, or if out of hours contact NHS Direct on 0845 4647 or to call emergency services 999.   We want to reassure members that they have our full support in offering and seeking advice and information on general mental health issues. Members asking for information in order to help a person in their care are seeking to empower both themselves and those they represent, and we would naturally welcome any such dialogue on the forum.   <b>However, any posts which are deemed to contain inference of personal intent to self-harm and/or suicide will be removed from the forum and that person will be contacted via the pm system with advice on where to seek appropriate help.</b>   In addition to the post being removed, if a forum member is deemed to indicate an immediate risk to themselves, and are unable to be contacted via the pm system, the moderating team will take steps to ensure that person's safety. This may involve breaking previous confidentiality agreements and/or contacting the emergency services on that person's behalf.   Sometimes posts referring to self-harm do not indicate an immediate risk, but they may contain material which others find inappropriate or distressing. This type of post will also be removed from the public forum at the moderator's/administrator's discretion, considering the forum user base as a whole.   If any member receives a PM indicating an immediate risk and is not in a position (or does not want) to intervene, they should forward the PM to the moderating team, who will deal with the disclosure in accordance with the above guidelines.   We trust all members will appreciate the reasoning behind these guidelines, and our intention to urge any member struggling with suicidal feelings to seek and receive approproiate support from trained and experienced professional resources.   The forum guidelines have been updated to reflect the above.   regards, <b> The mod/admin team</b>
    • Lufty

Forum Software Upgrade   04/17/2017

Dear All The Forum Software has just been upgraded to the latest version which is a major release which makes some major changes to the way the forum looks, feels and operates. Please accept my apologies for the lack of notice however it was essential that this upgrade happened immediately due to some major security issues with the previous software. Kind regards   Lufty
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nikki

Vaccinations - Homoeopathic alternatives

3 posts in this topic

If anyone is interested in looking at alternatives to the vaccinations then I have just contacted a company in Edinburgh who have been very helpful. They provide alternatives in homoeopathic form to the usual vaccinations and I thought it would be a good idea to let everyone know in case anyone is interested particularly re the mmr etc.

Not sure if I can publisise the website on this forum but here it goes:

www.glovers-health.co.uk.

If you e mail them telling them what you are looking for then they will contact you back. I am waiting on details now to be sent to me in France so it may take a bit of time for me but for some of you it may even be easier to telephone them.I am going to order some for my daughter Molly so will keep you all posted over coming time as to how it goes etc.

They even have alternatives suggested for Samuel such as secretin but as yet I dont know much about this ... just waiting on the info they send

Hope this info may help anyone who has concerns like me!

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some info on the homeopathic MMR. I am considering approaching my GP regarding this as an alternative for my ASD DS Owen who's pre-school booster is due next month.

Also, If anyone has any advice on how to go about finding a practitioner I'd be grateful.

There are very few homeopathic GPs, I don't know where you would find out about them. The trouble with GPs is that, as with acupuncture, they practice largely symptomatic homeopathy rather than constitutional but some are very good and committed practicioners if you can find them.

illnesses such as measles and chicken pox can be treated homeopathically using a 'nosode' or derivative of the actual disease and I think this is what the MMR is.

It's sort of like a vacination in that it introduces the disease into the body in order to promote an immune response such that the body develops defences against the disease. This will be in a much tinier (undetectable virtually) dose than the actual vacination and will not contain any of the other nasty chemicals that go along with the NHS version and so is very unlikely to have a negative impact but I don't know of any studies that support it as being an effective alternative as yet.

I would go to a well qualified and experienced independent Homeopath rather than a GP if I were to use this - sorry, I don't know what qualifications to look for but I beleive there is a society or association of homeopaths

Zemanski