Sign in to follow this  
board

world

hello i was wondering if anyone have come across this my dd6 dx aspergers said to me when i look at you i see something else i asked her what she ment it took a long time but she said a cupbroad so i asked do you see that all the time she said no i see diffrent things ?????? what do you think do all children with asd see things like this all the best jill

Now this has got me thinking. I don't see people as objects, but I often see things as though everything was in miniature. It's hard to describe, but basically everything looks scaled down and tiny, as though we were all in this snowglobe. Does that make sense? It's probably something everyone does to be honest.

vision and visual processing in asd is variable, from those that exhibit "normal" vision and responses to those with distorted or disturbed imagery.

There are input problems, distortion and sequencing difficulties, attentional difficulties, images that change in appearance, timing problems, persistence of images, visual field distortions and reductions, spatial awareness diffulties, parts of objects such as faces may disappear, distort or blur, some visual processing may produce pain etc

the problems may be variable and intermittent and integrate with other sensory processing problems

synesthesia may also be a factor

it is an enormous subject in which we are just opening the door!

I wonder if prolonged daydreaming can make a person nearsighted, because I wasn't always nearsighted but now I am, and am getting more so. I sometimes think it's because I ceased to adjust to things far out because I didn't do a lot of external concentrating, so my eyes are now less flexible. Does anyone else feel the same way? A lot of the stuff like blurring, distortion, scrambling, etc. sounds like it may come from only certain parts of a person's mind paying attention.