Sign in to follow this  
stressedmumto2

Should I write a letter of complaint?

My son is slowly being re-intergrated back into mainstream education. For the last 3 weks he has done 1-3pm. All has been going great with the exception of two days he wouldn't go into school.

Last week they said let's try 1 hour in the mornings next week, from 9-10 then you pick him up then bring him back for 1-3pm. Ok let's give it a try, well today he refused to go in for the morning but has been happy to go back in the afternoon. I think it's just msotly the chnage and not really knowing what to expect.

I have told him tonight that I think the respite worker may do some work with him and aslo take him out, part of his punishment now is agrred with respite worker and myself that if he doesn't go in he will need to do some work.

So I've just taken him to school for the schoolto say he can't goin for mornings for rest of week due to this mornings problems, they had tomove alot of things around for him and they don't have the cover. I am so ###### annoyed.

So not only am I punishing him the schoolare too, who knows maybe tomorrow with a social story he may have gone in fine but we wont know now, so annoyed, what should I do ? write a letter or not ?

:angry: I'm furious on your behalf. How dare they mess your son AND you around like that :angry:

What sort of sham of an inclusion programme is that? Bring him in, don't bring him in blah blah.

I'd say definately write a letter. Rome wasn't built in a day, they are obviously expecting miracles. How dare they :o

Flora XX

He is entitled to a full time education as much as any of the other pupils in the school. He isn't getting it. I would write in and simply ask the school when they intend to fulfill their legal obligation to him of provision of said education...ask them to give you a date. If they cannot, or will not, do this a further letter should be sent to the head of the LEA asking them for an explanation.

Well I went back to collect him and told his TA I was not happy about that arrangement and felt that he was being punished for her to say "oh sorry never made it clear, it wont be every morning, we're taking it slow so he doesn't feel rushed he can come backin on friday morning" etc

We then had a chat with son together who said he doesn't want to go to school full time anyway, gawd what am I going to do with him.

Phas, I've already done the letter ages ago and got no definate answers. The LEA are keping him there till we've been to tribunal I think in some ways the school feel they do not have a duty as he's not going to be staying there. Plus he is having two ta's to support him in the initial stages.

Oh well at least he's had a good afternoon and now he's out with his respite worker.

Phas, I've already done the letter ages ago and got no definite answers. The LEA are keeping him there till we've been to tribunal I think in some ways the school feel they do not have a duty as he's not going to be staying there. Plus he is having two ta's to support him in the initial stages.

Well I am sorry to disillusion them but if he is a pupil on their school roll they DO have a duty to supply a full time education whether they like it or not. As you well know they would be after you as quick as a flash if you were not taking him in because you would be failing him. They are failing him by not providing the full time education that THE LAW entitles him to receive. I would keep asking the school and the LEA the same question, in writing, every week until the tribunal. Take their responses with you as evidence of their failure to provide him with his full time education.