Sign in to follow this  
oxgirl

Tickling!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just found out that some helper at school keeps tickling J mercilessly. Even though he laughs hysterically he doesn't like it, but people never listen to you when you're laughing do they.

Today he'd just arrived back from a maths lesson exhausted and with a headache only to be pounced upon by this stupid woman and tickled until he couldn't breathe. Now he's in bed feeling sick with a migraine and having missed his lunch. I'm furious, I just think it's totally inappropriate, plus it puts him on edge and over excites him, it's just not on! :wallbash:

............ or am I just over-reacting, AS USUAL!!?? :whistle:

~ Mel ~

Mel

No you're not overreacting.

Tickling to that extent is a form of abuse. You can't help laughing when you're being tickled but we all know how horrible it is when someone won't stop.

Tell her to stop doing it. Maybe add that you know she probably means well, but your son just hates it and she has made him ill.

Flora

No you're not overreacting.

Tickling to that extent is a form of abuse.

Thanks for that. Yes, that's how I feel, that it is, in fact, a kind of violation and is all about having control over someone, I hate tickling anyway and I feel very cross with this woman. If she wants to show some affection she could just put her arm around him or stroke his hair or something instead of reducing him to hysteria! I'm so wound up about it now, but he's not in again until Monday so I'll have to wait to say something until then. I'm tempted to send an email or ring them though, but I know they won't like that very much! Feel like I'm gonna burst something!! :blink:

~ Mel ~

I thought there were really strict rules about staff touching children in any kind of way at all. By ignoring these rules she's leaving herself open to all kinds of accusations.

She probably genuinely thinks he likes it. Hopefully this can be solved amicably once she understands that he doesn't.