Sign in to follow this  
Delyth

Counsellors for adults experienced in AS in London area.

Hello

My partner has recently had a diagnosis of AS and is now looking for a counsellor/therapist who is experienced with AS and takes referrals from the NHS. We live in Tower Hamlets, East London. We have a list from the National Autistic Society but there are not many on this list and none in our area or very near us.

We just wondered if any one on this forum has any experience of suitable counsellors for adults in London, and if so would you pass on their name and contact details please.

Or does anyone know of any other database that we could search?

Thanks for yor help, much appreciated.

Delyth

Gladysmay - thanks for the pointer. Do you know which particular thread? I can not find the term counsellor in any of the titles.

Nellie - Thanks. Found the one and only!

Delyth

thread is called Aspergers Syndrome in the counselling room - Maxine Aston UK, this thread is listed in papers. I think some of the replies are from counsellers themselves and they might be able to say what area they are in.

personally, I would check and double check quals etc, there is some excellent info on how to check out references etc on the web and I think NAS have some advice on their site about the kinds of counselling that can or cannot help.