Sign in to follow this  
board

advice

hello can i ask you for some advice as you know i have a dd6 dx aspergers on the 12 april well i would like some advice about my ds 10 he got to check labels on all food for the date he got to make sure the doors are locket at night he will not take no for answer over reacts to eveything if you tell him no he crys like a baby acts a lot younger than his age belives anything you say will give any body anything very loveing bad night mares worrys about eveything forgets things easy bad consentrson reading not to good breaks eveything but sames to know alot if you know what i mean he get some help in school i have phoned school to ask them to have him looked at but they just say no prolem he is bulled in school as well and he just dosed stop talking what do you think iam i worrying about nothing any help please all the best jill

I can understand your anxiety especially when you have a child with Asperger syndrome.The differences you describe could be due to many things-not just ASD for example anxiety.See what others say but I think if school are not interested it may be worth talking to your GP to see if you can get an assessment that way.Even if the school do not feel there is enough ask for further advice you can ask as a parent.Karen

Hi I'm not sure who is best to ask for an assessment from where you are. Here it was via the school doctor my son got assessed at the local assessment centre. Now again new or continuing worries have come up it is another school doctor who is referring us back to the clinical psychologist and occupational therapist. Anyway whether it is through your GP or the school doctor I would just explain that you have always felt your DS was a little different from his peers and now having gone through your DD's assessment and learning about aspergers you recognise alot of the behaviours he is displaying as fitting aspergers or autistic behaviours and due to their being a genetic link aswell you are worried he may have gone undiagnosed and feel he needs an assessment asap.

Do you think something like that would sound ok?- also tell him/her the behaviours you described above.

take care

Lorraine