Sign in to follow this  
Bullet

Fragile X

Tom had his blood tests to check for fragile x yesterday. There's a wait of about two or three weeks, possibly longer. So definitely longer then :blink: .

The thing is, is that looking at it there is an increased chance the results will be positive (ie he has it). Not based just on how an awful lot of the criteria fit him, but because the criteria as presented in females with the syndrome fits me exactly. And I'm not just talking about the behavioural traits, I'm talking about the physical signs. Things like they found children with fx had delayed bone growth, I was monitored in my childhood and adolescence because my bones were three years behind in growth and the doctors wanted me to have growth hormones. There can be shortsightedness (I'm highly myopic). There can be overcrowding in teeth (I had to have 7 teeth removed and a brace fitted because my teeth were so overcrowded. There can be weak joints/muscles leading to clumsiness (yes, that's me). There can be a single line running across the plams of the hand, again, me. The child can often have an extremely fast way of talking, I talked so fast as a child few could understand me and my dad wanted me assessed for it. I've slowed down now, but am still quite fast and I only slowed down with practise.

So I'm hoping that these are all just co-incidences.

Edited by Bullet