Sign in to follow this  
onlycrazygal

my kingdom for a blindfold.....

ok by now you guys know how much i cherish my son yeah......so plz dont think im trying to make fun of him im not.....

i just really need to know if any other aspie s do these things.....

my sons a big lad 11 tomorrow 5ft 2 13 stone, size 6 feet , you get the picture.....

he avoids clothin g at all costs so at the moment 70% of the time hes butt naked.

thing is wherever i am or what ever im doing he will seek me out , tap me on the shoulder or shout mum an as soon as i turn around, hes there dancing across the room in his oversized pinkness doing what i can only describe as ballet dancing leaps and twirls an starjumps finished off quite often by an over stretched grin.....

thing is he do s it over and over and over and over and over and over.....etc

ive laughed it off , didnt have much of a choice have you ever seen 13st of naked flesh trying to do a piroette :lol:

i love him to bits, but tell him as much as i love his little displays, enough is enough, besides , i really dont want to see his dingle dangling everywhere all the time :blink:

but he wont stop.... :wallbash:

he must think my my head s in permenent swivel mode......this has been ongoing for months....HEEEEEEEELP :pray::pray::pray:

hugs,

paula

everytime i turn my head steven also shouts mum at top of his voice,im downstairs and he calls me frantically so i run upstairs and he casually says hello :wub: hes being doing it all day today,its driving me round the bed,its very hard to ignore as he keeps on till i go to him,little loves arent they!!

Oh bless lol Fortunately my 11 yr old keeps his clothes on most of the time these days. In fact he's gone too far the other way and its getting him to CHANGE clothes even for bed sometimes which can be a bit of a task. My youngest son was worse for the not wanting to wear clothes thing than the older saying that though I have to say hes outgrown the worst of it now and keeps his kit on most of the time these days now he's 6 :) On a practical note have you thought of pursuing some help with sensory integration therapy which might help him cope better with wearing clothes for a bit more of the time? If you are lucky enough to get one a good Occupational Therapist might be able to come up with some good exercises and therapeutic activities to help with this. We had lots of stuff to do like rolling the oldest up in a blanket and unrolling him and lots of different massage of his arms and legs and lots of play involving touching lots of stuff with an array of different textures eg playing with sand, water and squishy dough, that kind of thing. Since as often as not the not wanting to wear clothes thing is related to the not liking of certain feels and textures it could well help him to cope with wearing clothes more of the time. Being on the spectrum myself I can tell you its sometimes very hard as an Aspie to see why a certain behaviour might not be a 'socially acceptable' thing to do and it may take some repeated spelling out on your part that fun as it is for him he cant always do such things as it could get him into trouble one day life being the way it is sadly. Hope this helps some.