Sign in to follow this  
curra

Parenting a Child with Asperger Syndrome

"Parenting a Child woth Asperger Syndrome" is an excellent book by Brenda Boyd, ( mother of 13 year old author of "Asperger Syndrome, the Universe and Everything") published by Jessica Kingsley.

It's easy to read, practical and realistic about the approach needed, which is not always like ordinary parenting. The book has a short and useful introduction and the rest is organised in ideas around main topis with a set of tips and strategies that can be easily applied - and they work!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I give it * * * * *

Curra

Thanks for the tip....

will try and look for it.

I have just been recommended 2 from the library:-

Born on a blue day and the curious incident of the dog in the........don't know the rest as have to go and collect tomorrow.....apparently they are very informative. The first 1 is by a boy of 15 who has AS, it is said to be well written and easy to read. The librarian said it was an excellant read and ordered it especially for me.

Thanks for the tip....

will try and look for it.

I have just been recommended 2 from the library:-

Born on a blue day and the curious incident of the dog in the........don't know the rest as have to go and collect tomorrow.....apparently they are very informative. The first 1 is by a boy of 15 who has AS, it is said to be well written and easy to read. The librarian said it was an excellant read and ordered it especially hello i have read the book about the dog very good had it off the docter at the hospital who was dx my dd6 i didnt know any thing about asd she was later dx aspergers all the best jill

Edited by board