Sign in to follow this  
claire33

something iwrote

K is his name

But know him i dont

His withdrawl from me and everyone around him is the hardest thing to accept

Although hes my son and i love him dearly, i dont think ive met him properly yet

I would love to be able to talk to him about things he feels and do'sbut i dont think he knows himself

k is a lovely little boy who is very confused and misunderstood

He locks himself away in his room and plays in his own little world of computer games and films

His only contact with me is to ask for things or talk about the above, which is very frustrating when there is more to life

If only we could talk for a while or he could tell me how he feels or what its like in his worldso i could begin to understand

I want to get to know him and tell him that i love him and i care, but i dont think he would understand

My children are my life and theres nothing i wouldnt do for them

But it hurts to think that k is suffering and theres nothing i can do or have done that helps

What he must go through i can only imagine

He acts in a way no-one can understandwhether its to block things out or hide away from things he doesnt understand

No-one should have to go through this, i feel he is very mixed up and doesnt know how to deal with things in life most of us have no trouble with

I would like to meet him one day, and not have to explain everything, or feel like im not being heard

I look forward to this day, and hope that one day k will know just how much i care

He may not be special to anyone else, but im always thinking of him no matter what

People may say he is a little monster but hes my little monster and i wouldnt change him for the world

Just thought i would share this

I found this very moving. My situation is similar but different. My son is younger 2 1/2 and non verbal and although affectionate when he wants to be is not the 'open' child I would once have expected. Still, it's our life now and what else can you do except cope and look out for positive signs. I too fear that I will never really enter his world fully and it's hard to accept.

Moira

thanks moira its nice to know someone feels the same it is hard work,

and very tiring mentally more than physically.

Hopefully i can get him the help he needs but it is taking far to long, and its not helping him at all the longer he waits

Hi Moira and Claire, just wanted to send big >:D<<'> and say don't despair, your children are both very, very young and things WILL change for you all, so don't give up. Some more >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for all.

~ Mel ~

I suppose I tend to see speech as the answer to everything but I can see from other postings that it's not, it's only part of the communication process. DS does have reasonable receptive language though so I get frustrated that he won't say even a single word.

Still - as I said, it's not everything, it's all about building communication and we are starting PECS this week so here's hoping.

Moira