Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

Pneumococcal Vaccine

... Did I spell that right?? Lol

My little man 22 months is due for his vaccine Wednesday ... are there any supposed links with autism or anything I should know about this vaccine??

Obviously I am worrying about it and being all mumsy ...

Any advice?

I don't know much about this but I will say I think children should only be given vaccines if fully fit ( so not if they have a cold or anything) and not if they are on anti-biotics.

Also if you suspect your child has allergies e.g dairy you should research this further.

Sorry I am not much help.

I've never heard of this one!

Vaccines are such a touchy area and at the end of the day it's each to their own. The Boy had all the main ones when he was little.

Whilst I am convinced he was born autistic & don't think the vaccines had anything to do with that, I'm not sure what affect vaccines have on children with autism and it's difficult when trying to find info about this to find anything concrete.

At the end of the day we had enough doubts that we decided he wouldn't have the round of vaccines he should have had when he was 3 and a half. So he had the first lot when he was a baby, but none of the boosters nor the 3 in one that includes tetanus that we were called for when he was 3.5.

That was our decision though.

All I can suggest is that you read up about this vaccine & do a pros and cons list to help you decide.

Best of luck mate.

My 2 year old had also been offered this vaccine about 3 months ago - and I'm still thinking about it! I am totally against the MMR jab, but don't know whether any vaccines are really safe if a child has a pedisposition to autism. It was only when I was looking through J's Red book, that I realised I had also let him have the MMR pre-school booster - and now wish I hadn't let him have them. I think the baby diptheria/whooping cough/polio and Hib vaccines are probably OK - my 2 year old has had them, but not the MMR and he isn't showing any autistic signs yet. It is difficult to know what to do for the best - J was my first child and i just assumed that the GP knew best and went along with what was offered - but now I question everything.

Thanks for your advice.

I took him today - and after a chat with the nurse, decided NOT to go through with it. She has given me some thinking time and booked another appointment after Christmas.