Sign in to follow this  
tracey

patients advice & liason service

Hi

had abit of a phoning round anyone who may be able to offer help for my daughter day friday

was given number for PALS run by nhs

wondered if anyone has had dealings with them

Tracey

Hi

the only experience I had with them was when I had a query and then a complaint about my mum's care while in hospital. They were friendly enough, but totally useless! My understanding (and this may be completely wrong) is that they are the friendly face of a hospital, and they get to deal with any 'issues' that may need mediating, although in my case all the did was re explain what the nurse already had, but in a slower, more enunciated way, just in case that might be why I had't got it the first time.

PALS have just been intouch they are going to see if they can find out if theres

any help outthere

basically my daughter is 15 been out of school since march due to problems there

wont always leave the house as everything has to be perfect can be quite obbsessive

I think she needs help dealing with emotions can be quite aggressive at times we are

dealing with cahms but they dont seem to be much help doctor there says risperadone

may help but side effects can be facial twitches and weight gain which would only

add too problems

I am really looking into whatever help there is which would benifit my daughter

Tracey

As your dd is 15 - do you have a Connexions worker? They should know about this sort of thing (though seems to vary depending on how good the worker is).

Karen

PALS have just rang again not much they can offer gave me NA helpline no

as there may be some therapy sessions we could get through them

I do have a connections worker who is visiting me nx week so hopefully

some good will come of that

Tracey