Sign in to follow this  
tracey

getting help

desperatly trying to get some help for my daughter

shes 15 and we see lady from cahms who doesnt seem to know what help

we need cahms doctor who we see on days she will go out (not many as she has

to look perfect before going out or we have an eruption) he offers no real help

only risperdone which i mentioned in previous post side effects would make matters

worse as weight is already a big thing to her

last night typical 2 hours of getting ready while shouting abuse at me throwing things

after all that didnt go as things went wrong went to bed got up 2 hours later went out with

me spent all time in panic saying everyone looking laughing at her came home

Today stressed trashed house shouting ended after an hour was sobbing

she needs help

doesnt go out

not in school (9mths)

either in rage or sobbing (emotions very mixed up)

am at my wits end getting no help at all gp no understanding of asd nurse putting

her on pill to try balance hormones as pms is a biggy too

any advice

Tracey

Oh, I'm so sorry Tracey, your daughter sounds very unhappy and it must be awful to watch. :( Sounds like she could benefit from some counselling, has CAHMS not suggested any therapy at all that they could offer her? The pill could help with her hormones maybe.

So sorry I can't offer anything more useful. :blink:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Hi mel

no cahms dont seem to offer anything am going to phone monday to

try and get some therapy thing is its getting someone to come to the house

as getting out is becoming more of a problem im a lone parent and dont drive so its

not asif i can just getting about is easy anyway

also she may benefit from some med but its finding one without severe side effects

which will make going out more of a problem

everythings getting really bad at the minuite and its making me feel really down

seeing her like this wish i could help or just take it all away

Tracey

Tracey :(>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

The scenario you describe sounds very like our experience two years ago when my daughter was the same age. She was also in a state of high anxiety, aggressive with it, she was out of school and we were battling with the education system and Camhs did not have the expertise to help. In the end we were referred to the Adolescent Outreach Team who do intervention when things have reached crisis point. Because they do home visiting, we didn't have to take my daughter out. Thankfully there was a psychiatrist on that team with lots of experience of ASD and over the next year she was able to establish a relationship with L. I don't know if there is such a system in your area?

Is it the school uncertainty that's partly causing the stress, do you think? Perhaps the idea of going back to school is too much? If so, perhaps it would be best to abandon this idea and pursue the home tuition until a more suitable school environment can be found. You may find that she becomes calmer and less obssessive if the pressure to go back to school is eased. We found that once L's educational problems were sorted out, and she was in some kind of routine, her anxiety levels dropped. She found it difficult to cope with the unknown future and she still does.

Just my opinion but if she's finding going out stressful, make life easier for both of you by letting her stay home for the time being, unless absolutely necessary.

Lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I know it's not easy.

K x

hi kathryn

have jotted down adolescent outreach team and im going to look into it asap

as there is no help from cahms

when you were going through similar issues with your daughter was she put on meds

if so did anything help my daughters main probs are being obbsessive adout looks

make up must be perfect hair clothes the same otherwise its blow out

thanks tracey

Hi tracey,

I've pm'd you about our experiences with meds.

The outreach team is part of our Camhs but run separately. I think it's worth digging around in your area to find out where the ASD expertise is.

My daughter went through a similar obssessive phase for a while concerning her looks - mainly when she was trying to fit in with a group of girls at school. Now she has gone the opposite way - she couldn't care less, and I have to work hard to try to ensure that she looks more or less like everyone else.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

hi kathryn

thanks for pm

still mulling over medication i think it will help she wont go on it cause of

side effects

am phoning cahms tomorrow reg outreach team prob dont do this at our cahms

there does seem to be more down south

have a few more numbers to try in case

also am going to try and get some kind of therapy someone who is

prepared to visit us

Tracey