Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

World Vision

I've recently been searching the net trying to find information for our dd to adopt an animal etc. We found the WWF fantastic and adopted a panda this evening (another thread).

During my search, came across World Vision. Their gift idea's are superb. I've asked DH to buy a "gift" for me via World Vision for Xmas, and he asked that I do the same. Just bought him a gift of Child Protection Training in Albania........you can personalise cards etc. Would definately recommend you check it out, if you are searching for something abit different this year.

We then decided to sponsor a child. A little lad from Kenya. Although DS told our eldest DD we had actually adopted a child :o:wacko::lol: They are both really looking forward to sending him letters etc and hearing about his life.

Has anyone else sponsored a child? Would be interested to know how it has gone.

Edited by Bagpuss

During my search, came across World Vision. Their gift idea's are superb. I've asked DH to buy a "gift" for me via World Vision for Xmas, and he asked that I do the same. Just bought him a gift of Child Protection Training in Albania........you can personalise cards etc. Would definately recommend you check it out, if you are searching for something abit different this year.

It's a great idea. Oxfam is doing something similar - look here.

K x

Thanks for the link Kathryn, it looks great :D I've asked our three kiddies if they'd like to also buy Dad an alternative Xmas pressie too. Our youngest has bought her dad the gift of a library card for a child, our eldest dd has bought her dad the gift of a tap and our ds just looked at me, horrified, and said "Does dad really want a tap? I want to get him the new Little Britain series on dvd"..........teenagers huh :rolleyes::lol::lol: .............got to hand it to him though, he spent ages trying to persuade me that what dh really, really, really wanted this year was an XBox 360 :clap::clap: Actually, he's probably telling the truth :lol::lol: