Sign in to follow this  
ksasnic

A little confused

I am a little confused again... Nick had his secondary transfer statement review... Which went very well.. There was his Headmistress and senco and teacher then there was the new schools senco, the Salt and also someone from autismn outreach.. Autismn outreach man said that having seen Nick he is certain that Nick has aspergers and agreed that the diagnosis that Nick has is just another way of saying it !!!

So really good there.. only thing is last day of term I had a report from the Headteacher about what went on etc...

There is a list of who attended etc... The list has everyone but the one who I really would have liked to have seen on it.. and that is the autismn outreach man... I was hoping that I could use the form to help me with re-claiming his dla... You know all the help I can hand them to help them understand Nicks problems and needs.. So now I have to go back to the headteacher and ask her why she didn't add his name on the list.. and that I want it added and for her to re-issue it to all the people that need it.. I so want to see what his report will be and also for the Salts report as they both had something to say that would help Nick get the help he needs.. As it was the salt did shock me as he pointed out that Nicks speech and language skills are of a 7year old and below - Nick will be 11 in March !

But having said that the really good news is that Nick WILL be going to the school we want him to go to - It is a very small school in comparrison to his catchment area only around 450 as opposed to 1600.. with a very very good special needs provision and a really great senco so lucky again on that point as his present schools senco is very good too. Just have to fight for transport help as its not very clear what help he will be entitled too.. So tomorrow I will be away to the senco and headteacher to ask them to add the autismn outreach mans name... Heres hoping that they let me know something.. they have also asked to up his hours help from 10 to 20 as they all feel he needs that and more due to his constant need of prodding to keep on track as he is bad at independant working.

Well back to it - school back tomorrow...