Eva

What are NT 6 year old boys into?

Hi all,

my son, who'll be 6 in March, is going to start school at the end of this month, gulp. We have 6 weeks of holidays (a very long 6 weeks) and he spends a lot of time playing this computer game called Strongbad, which he's right into and scripting from or else starting to show an interest in...Thomas again. He's also interested in the planets.

Could anyone tell me what NT boys are into, just so I can introduce him to some of the stuff?

Better go and enjoy some more of the hols,

cheers,

Eva

Well mine was 7 a few weeks ago but Thomas was still acceptable last year when my sonwas 5 going on 6, if not quite 'the thing'. Here, 6yr old boys seems to like Pokeman, Dr Who (v popular as currently on TV) and my own little darling is a big Star Wars fan as are a few boys in his class. G started his Star Wars interest after he was given a Playstation 2 and the Lego Star Wars game and it finally moved him on from Thomas - which I was quite sad about as I like Thomas - but at least Star Wars means he has something in common with his classmates. He particularly likes the droids!

My NT DS is 6, will be 7 later this month. Thomas has been a big no no for a few years now. He is a big Star Wars fan, also Doctor Who. Also likes programmes on CBBC, especially Raven and Legend of the Dragon. This seems to be par for the course with his friends, and they are all also getting into football too and picking which teams they want to support. At a push he would still show an interest in Batman, though this is fizzling out too, but TBH not sure he or any of his contemporaries would now admit to liking Scooby Doo, even if they may still watch it secretly!

My youngest will be 6 in May, Hes always loved football, cars & all stereotypical boy things (which is lovely having one that hates anything normal LOL)

His friends like various things from power rangers to dr who.

He has a nintendo DS & likes gaming as a whole, give him half hour on a pc & he'll be beating his brother at the games!

But football & Cars are something he cant live without lol

Nicke

I've just noticed that Eva is posting from Australia and some our kids fads probably aren't quite so relevant there - eg UK football, Doctor Who and our domestic TV shows. I guess Star Wars will be universally popular though. Perhaps Eva might find some more locally relevant info on some Australian family sites though? (Just about the interests of 6 year old NT Australian boys I mean of course. It is otherwise great to have her posting on here!)

Thankyou all for your replies - that's grouse!

We're going to start with Star Wars (the original one, I hope that's acceptable), Pokemon and Power Ranges I think.

Emum, thanks for your suggestion about asking locals - I haven't found any good local sites though. Australia happily follows general trends so there's not a great deal of difference between what's the latest new thing here or anywhere else!

Off I go to watch Star Wars again - don't mind watching Harrison Ford!

Eva