Sign in to follow this  
smiley

The Book Crossing

'Ello :D ,

I recently found a book (in a coffee shop) with the Book~Crossing label on it - and now i'm hooked..... Anyone else played?? :D

I love the idea of 'Who will pick it up? Where will it go?' :D

Bookcrossing

I think it's a very quirky, wonderful idea. :) I haven't found one myself, but recently I was on a train to London and watched a woman very deliberately leave a book on her seat when she got off. I thought it was a bit weird at the time but I didn't know about the Book Crossing then. Now I'm wondering if she was a participant and I regret not picking the book up!

K x

Nice idea indeed -especially for a book addict like me :D

I haven't seen this in Ireland yet but it would be nice to introduce it here...

Martina

what a good idea!!ive just registered,i think its well good,just think smiley you might eventually get my book,how weird would that be?!!

I joined a while back but haven't 'released' any yet and unfortunately haven't found one either. But you do get notified when a book has been 'released into the wild' in your local area! It does make searching a little easier!

Great isn't it :thumbs:

Martina - it's worldwide.. If you click on the 'Go Hunting' link on the left hand side, and then click Ireland..... :D

It's free - they do advertise the labels and other bits for sale - but if you root around they also have the labels etc in PDF format so you just print them off and go! :ph34r:

Only problem is - i can't decide which book to set free first :rolleyes: