Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Starting Statementing process off

Im going to start the statementing process off for R as her SENCO obviously isnt going to.

Our private psych is going into her nursery to observe her on the 19th so i want to wait his feedback.

When i write the letter requesting an asessment, can i send evidence in of what i believe to be her SN or do i do that when and if they decide to asess her?

I have a feeling they will say no to asessing her and im prepared for that and ill appeal to SENDIST.

I already know the primary school that i want her to go into, it has an ASD and a Speech/language unit attached to it, but the SENCO told me on Friday that she doesnt think R willmeet the criteria.

CDC say she has echolalia/delayed language and possible ASD, they are still asessing her and i think she DOES meet the criteria.

Here we go again, did this exactly 12 months ago with M and thats not even finished, he,s still not in school and we are now fighting for a place in an ADS independent school for him, the LEA are going to love me arent they :lol:

Hi I haven't been here for a while, hope everyone remembers me lol.

I am in the same boat as you, I fought long and hard involving SENDIST and home educating etc to get my eldest son statemented and am now begining to feel I might be heading down the same route with my middle son who is 9.

The E.P is apparently seeing him next month after I raised the idea and the SENCO suddenly looked at his SATs results and progress tests.

Anyway, I would send something with your letter confirming your childs difficulties, I think I did back in 2005 when I applied for assessment for my eldest as the school said "It is better coming from parents" lol

thanks pinksapphire, i have the CDC report and various IEP,s although they are "designed" to only show how well R is doing and dont give any of her difficulties at all.

Hi I think you may be better to keep the IEPs back at the momment.If they do not give a true reflection of your childs needs the LEA may think your child is ok and refuse to conduct an assessment.There is a standard letter that you can use- it is on the IPSEA website.You could also send the CDC report.When we applied the LEA wrote to us asking for the other info they needed.Regards Karen.

Edited by Karen A